Develop life-long skills and make friends along the way
Youth Advisory Council
The YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is looking for volunteers between the ages of 16-29 to serve on its Youth Advisory Council.
The YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is seeking to strengthen the voice of youth within our community enabling all young people to thrive in body, mind, and spirit.
Are you between the ages of 16-29? Are you passionate about engaging youth and building healthy communities? Do you have an interest in event planning and program development? Want your voice to be heard? Youth Advisory Council members will work towards creating the best YMCA experiences for all young people while strengthening the voice of youth within the association.
- Advise on YMCA program offerings.
- Identify areas of opportunity to better serve youth within the YMCA.
- Increase the sense of belonging for youth within the YMCA of Northeastern Ontario.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of YMCA events.
- Strengthen awareness surrounding the YMCA’s charitable mission.
- Plan and facilitate Strong Kids fundraising events.
- Maintain positive relationships with the other council members.
- Attend two council meetings a month over the 1 year commitment period.
- Gain valuable experience and knowledge.
- Develop your leadership style.
- Network with like-minded young people and develop professional relationships.
- Create a positive impact within the community.
- Requirements and Selection:
- Between 16 & 29 years of age.
- Priority will be given to YMCA members, staff, and volunteers but all applicants will be considered.
- Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- Must provide 3 references.
Successful applicants must submit a criminal record and vulnerable sector check prior to starting on the Council.
If you have any questions or would like more information please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org