The YMCA is now open in your community! We’ve missed you!
Your membership has been reactivated and you can start accessing the YMCA for all of your health and wellness needs!
Your safety is our top priority. Here is an overview of what you can expect to see when you return to your YMCA. We’re continuing to follow guidelines from health experts and local government officials to ensure that our facilities meet the highest standard for hygiene and safety including modifying programs and facility spaces to maintain safe physical distancing.
Here are the important modifications taking place to keep you and your family safe:
- Prior to visiting the YMCA, please self-screen using the self-assessment questionnaire approved by the Ministry of Health (click here to view). When you scan your membership card, you acknowledge that you have passed the self-screening questionnaire.
- You will not have to book your visit ahead of time. We have room capacity limits, which will be posted on signs throughout the facility. We ask that you please work with staff and volunteers to stay within those limits. Please note that there is a designated time between 9:00am-11:00am for members in the senior category or have compromised immune systems to visit the YMCA.
- All of our fitness classes will require pre-registration in order to monitor class sizes. Click here to view our schedules and register.
- Please come ready to workout with a water bottle, towel and gym appropriate clothing. Changerooms will be available with limited locker availability, but no water fountains are available.
- When you arrive, please enter through the door marked “enter”, sanitize your hands at our hand sanitizing stations, and proceed to Membership Services. Please remember to bring a mask. Staff and volunteers will be wearing masks. You are not required to wear a mask when you work out.
- You will notice more cleaning supplies available in all fitness areas. Please remember to wipe the equipment down before and after use. All fitness areas will be cleaned and sanitized regularly by YMCA staff and volunteers.
- We will be closed between the hours of 1:30pm-3:00pm daily for enhanced cleaning.
- Our hours have been amended. We will be open Monday-Friday from 7:00am-7:00pm and closed on weekends at this time. As the fall progresses, we will amend as required.
Your membership and payment information
- Your membership will be automatically reactivated when we open on September 8th to ensure a seamless transition back to the YMCA!
- You will have 14 days to visit the Y for free to come check out how we’ve adapted. Membership fees will not begin again until the week of September 21st and continue on a bi-weekly basis.
- We know that the last few months have been a tremendously challenging time. We want to do everything we can to ensure that you can access YMCA programs and membership, and start or continue to lead a healthy and active lifestyle. If you require financial assistance, please contact us:
Frequently Asked Questions
The YMCA reopened on Tuesday, September 8th at 7:00am. Please note that fitness classes for both branches and the Aquatics Centre in North Bay will be opening on Monday, September 14th.
Similar to restaurants, when you enter the facility, are in a changeroom, in hallways or other common spaces, you are required to wear a mask. When working out or participating in a class, you can remove your mask.
At this time, the Sudbury YMCA does not have the capacity to open the Aquatics Centre. The pool is a costly area of the facility to operate and with the current restrictions in place, we are unable to open the pool.
Your membership will be automatically reactivated when we reopen on Tuesday, September 8th to ensure a seamless transition back to the YMCA. You will have 14 days to visit the Y for free to come check out how we’ve adapted. Membership fees will not begin again until Friday, September 25th and continue bi-weekly.
At this time, we will not be running any youth programming including child minding. We will re-evaluate ahead of our winter program.
We will be offering private and semi-private swim lessons for an added fee. Please contact us for more information at 705-497-9622!
If your child has participated in the Youth Fit program and can workout on the fitness floor, or is there to play squash or play in the gym, yes! Please note they must be supervised if under the age of 10.
Yes, between the hours of 9:00am-11:00am. We ask that members who are in the senior category or have a compromised immune system visit the YMCA at that time.
Yes! If you want to extend your hold, please notify us by Tuesday, September 15th. You can extend your hold for a minimum of 1 month and a maximum of 4 months. Payments will automatically resume after the hold is over.
If you would like to extend your hold at the Sudbury YMCA, please email: email@example.com
If you would like to extend your hold at the North Bay YMCA, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As of now, no additional services in the enhanced changerooms will be available (steam room, whirlpool or towel service). Due to this, we have reduced the fees to $7 bi-weekly. Members can opt out of this option if they would like to have access to the general changeroom. If you would like to opt out, please contact us at email@example.com.
The gym will be available as per our drop in schedule available on our website.