Get Excited…YMCA 2020 Summer Day Camp is on the Horizon!
Where Summer Happens!
We’d like to thank everyone for taking the time to fill out our YMCA Summer Day Camp survey. Your feedback has helped us shape our programming to best fit your needs and make sure that our campers and staff will be safe and healthy this summer! We’re really excited to report that Monday, July 6th is opening day for the YMCA Day Camp summer 2020 season! We can’t wait to see you to have some fun and make new memories with you.
We’ve been busy preparing our staff team and our procedures so that you are healthy and safe while you are at YMCA Summer Day Camp. We’ve got a pandemic plan and our team is trained to lead it through our day camp daily activities to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We have also had to make some tough decisions and cancel or adjust our camp options this year. YMCA East Ferris Day Camp has been cancelled and Rotary’s YMCA Camp Tillicum will now take place in the city! Additional information can be found by clicking here.
Here’s what you and your family can expect:
- Health screening: Every day your parent or caregiver will sign a form when you get dropped off at day camp. The form will declare that you:
- Do not have a fever
- Have not been sick within the last 14 days
- Have not travelled outside the country within the last 14 days
- Have not come in contact with a person with COVID-19
- Handwashing: By now you are probably a pro at washing your hands for 20 seconds. We will ask you to wash your hands when you arrive at camp, throughout the day and before and after lunchtime and snacks. Handwashing stations or hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60%-70% alcohol will be made available.
- Physical distancing: Where possible, we will help you have 2 metres of distance between you and other campers. However, due to the nature of camp and the need for our staff to closely supervise you and other campers, we will strive for this goal but it may not be achieved at all times.
- Bring your own food: To help minimize the spread of COVID-19, we will ask that you bring your own lunch and snacks to day camp each day.
- Stay outdoors: Let’s get outside! Being outside is a great way to stay healthy, so we will spend as much of our time outside as we can.
Got questions about these procedures? Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you soon!
Your YMCA Day Camp Team