Website Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
NOGDAWINDAMIN Family and Community Services, a designated Indigenous Child Welfare Agency under the Child Youth and Family Services Act serving member First Nations situated between Sault Ste. Marie and Sudbury is seeking to hire three (3) Behavioural Therapist. These positions are full-time contract until March 31, 2023.
The Behavioural Therapist will provide behaviour planning and consultation services to caregivers, families and those with Autism Spectrum Disorder, other developmental disorders, and behavioural challenges. The Behavioural Therapist will work in collaboration with other members of the Agency’s Prevention and Protection Services, including the Physician, and will be a key component of the clients’ circle of care. The Behavioural Therapist will lead behavioural programming in consultation with the Behavioural Analyst. The Behavioural Therapist will provide one-to-one therapy and group therapy based upon the principles of Applied Behavioural Analysis.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or related humanities field
• ABA – Applied Behavioral Analysis Certification and/or Training
• Non-Violent Crisis Physical Intervention (NVCPI) training
• Five (5) years’ direct experience working with children and families
• Experience working with children with Autism, PDD or other developmental disorders
• Experience implementing ABA or previous experience as a Behavioural Therapist
• Experience in a clinical environment, conducting assessments, developing treatment implementation strategies and training others to implement strategies
• Experience working with people who have behavioral challenges
• Experience working with Aboriginal people, organizations, and communities
• Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• Respect for, sensitivity towards as well as knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbek culture, traditions, and the Seven Grandfather Teachings
• Ability to understand and speak Anishnawbemowin is a definite asset
• Must provide a Criminal Records Check deemed satisfactory by the employer
• Must have a Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s License, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel
• Must have $1M automobile insurance coverage
• Proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 is a requirement of this position unless due to a medical, disability or religious exemption.
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services has been in operation for over 30 years. We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians
with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
JOIN A GROWING AND DYNAMIC ORGANIZATION OFFERING REWARDING CAREERS, COMPETITIVE SALARIES, BENEFITS, OMERS PENSION AND A GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT FOR INDIVIDUALS COMMITTED TO MAKING A DIFFERENCE.
Please submit a job-related resume and cover letter along with three work related references by:
Monday, February 6, 2023 – 4:00 pm
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
210B Gran Street, Batchewana First Nation, ON P6A 0C4
Preference will be given to Indigenous applicants. Self-Identification is encouraged.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A full job description is located on our website at www.nog.ca
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org