Website Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
NOGDAWINDAMIN Family and Community Services, a designated Indigenous Child Welfare Agency under the Child Youth and Family Services Act serving member First Nations situated between Sault Ste. Marie and Sudbury is seeking to hire a Case Aide. This position is full time contract until March 31, 2024.
The Case Aide provides a complete range of case coverage responsibilities to a team of front-line workers (child protection, child in care, investigation and assessment) as well as providing supportive services to children, youth and parents. The Case Aide functions within legislative requirements, regulations, policies and procedures and the Mission, Beliefs and Vision of Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services and contributes to the accomplishment of the strategic priorities.
• Relevant college diploma in Human Services
• Experience working in a Child Protection environment and working with children
• Knowledge of child development, individual and family counselling techniques
• Two (2) years’ experience in a First Nation or Indigenous Social Services Agency
• Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• Respect for, sensitivity towards as well as knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbek culture, traditions and the Seven Grandfather Teachings;
• Ability to understand and speak Anishinaabemowin is a definite asset;
• Must provide a Police Records Check deemed satisfactory by the employer;
• Must have a Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s Licence, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel;
• Must have $1M automobile insurance coverage.
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services has been in operation for over 30 years. We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
JOIN A GROWING AND DYNAMIC ORGANIZATION OFFERING REWARDING CAREERS, COMPETITIVE SALARIES, BENEFITS, OMERS PENSION AND A GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT FOR INDIVIDUALS COMMITTED TO MAKING A DIFFERENCE.
Please submit a job related resume and cover letter along with three work related references by:
Friday, March 24, 2023 – 4:00 pm
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
210B Gran Street, Batchewana First Nation, ON P6A 0C4
Preference will be given to Indigenous applicants. Self-Identification is encouraged.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A full job description is located on our website at www.nog.ca
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com