- No previous experienced required.
The Grocery Clerk is responsible for maintaining product displays, stock levels, and the general appearance of the grocery department. Provides customer service which may include locating products, and answering general inquiries.
- Good customer service skills
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and staff
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Able to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job
ADDITIONAL WORKING REQUIREMENTS
- Lifting and moving weights of 5 – 20 kilograms (e.g., cases of pop, cases of canned goods, bags of dog food)
- Standing and walking for long periods of time
- Some bending and reaching while stocking grocery areas
- Using equipment including box cutters and pump jacks to move skids through the store
- Exposure to cool and cold temperatures while working in dairy or frozen food area
- Evening, days and weekend
- Available to work flexible hours