Website Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
NOGDAWINDAMIN Family and Community Services, a designated Indigenous Child Welfare Agency under the Child Youth and Family Services Act serving member First Nations situated between Sault Ste. Marie and Sudbury is seeking to hire a Jordan’s Principle Case Manager. This position is full time contract until March 31, 2024.
Partnering with Thessalon First Nation, the Jordan’s Principle Case Manager – Thessalon First Nation will report to the Program Manager and has primary responsibility to act as a focal point for the children and families who are members of Thessalon First Nation. The Jordan’s Principle Case Manager – Thessalon First Nation provides service coordination and planning in cooperation with other agency personnel related to children in care and children not in care of the agency.
• Bachelor of Social Work Degree or college diploma in Human Services
• Two (2) years’ experience coordinating and/or managing social programs and services
• One (1) year direct service experience with children and families
• Experience working with aboriginal people, organizations and communities
• Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Respect for, sensitivity towards as well as knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbek culture, traditions and the Seven Grandfather Teachings
• Ability to understand and speak Anishnaabemowin is a definite asset
• Must provide a Criminal Records Check deemed satisfactory by the employer
• Must have a Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s Licence, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel
• Must have $1M automobile insurance coverage
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services has been in operation for over 30 years. We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
JOIN A GROWING AND DYNAMIC ORGANIZATION OFFERING REWARDING CAREERS, COMPETITIVE SALARIES, BENEFITS, OMERS PENSION AND A GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT FOR INDIVIDUALS COMMITTED TO MAKING A DIFFERENCE.
Please submit a job related resume and cover letter along with three work related references by:
Friday, March 24, 2024 – 4:00 pm
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
210B Gran Street, Batchewana First Nation, ON P6A 0C4
Preference will be given to Indigenous applicants. Self-Identification is encouraged.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A full job description is located on our website at www.nog.ca
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com