Not sure where to start?
Meet with a YMCA employment specialist to get some one-on-one help with your job search! A YMCA employment specialist will help you:
Find the right job for you:
- explore your job skills and interests;
- identify the types of jobs you might apply for – jobs best suited to your skills and experience.
Improve your job hiring skills:
- understand what job skills employers are looking for;
- develop a resume and cover letter to get hired;
- work on your interviewing skills and prepare for a job interview;
- learn about programs you might be qualified for to obtain certification, training, or a job placement;
- understand what it takes to get and keep a job.
An inclusive and diverse environment where people of any age, culture and status can learn about:
With FREE access to :
- Computers with Internet access for career related activities
- Faxing Services
- Photocopying Services
- Information Sessions
- Community Resources
- Apprenticeship Information
“ I just accepted an excellent offer from Tesman Inc. here in Sudbury. I had the interview yesterday afternoon and received the offer this morning! It is directly related to my field of engineering; they offered an excellent overall package with a significantly higher salary and vacation times, which I could not refuse. I would like to thank you for all of your help and guidance as it helped me a great deal in learning new skills related to job searching, interview preparation and resume editing.”
− Affan Haq, participant in the Employment Service
Ontario Employment Services Web Portal is a gateway to employment programs offered across the province in almost 900 locations (available in both English and French). Information is also available from the Ontario Employment Ontario hotline 1-800-387-5656.