Find your ideal job or settle into your new community with YMCA services
Our programs and services are responsive to your needs. Largely funded by the provincial government, our teams help provide the linkages to programming which are designed to help increase potential to secure and maintain employment, settlement and career opportunities in the Northern Ontario region.
Our FREE Services include and not limited to:
- Individualized, professional support to help identify employment, career, training and settlement needs
- Assistance with exploring employment and career training options
- FREE access to computers, community resources, Internet, photocopying and faxing services
- Job Development Services: Education with labour market navigation and in obtaining local employment opportunities
- Mentorship and Retention Support Services: We will help you find success in your job search journey by offering training and one to one support in order to help you maintain employment
- Employer Services: Our team will help employers access a pool of qualified candidates, post vacancies within our job boards, connect with training grants, assist job fair organization and provide the most current and up to date labour market resources and more.
- Community Programs: Assist in connecting you with volunteer opportunities, life skills support, housing support and community support services
- Settlement Services: Our diverse, multilingual team maintains an extensive knowledge base required to help Newcomers connect to the best resources, in order to successfully integrate into there new community.
“ I just accepted an excellent offer from Tesman Inc. here in Sudbury. I had the interview yesterday afternoon and received the offer this morning! It is directly related to my field of engineering; they offered an excellent overall package with a significantly higher salary and vacation times, which I could not refuse. I would like to thank you for all of your help and guidance as it helped me a great deal in learning new skills related to job searching, interview preparation and resume editing.”
− Affan Haq, participant in the Employment Service
“Today will forever mark a milestone for me. I was offered and accepted a permanent position with the Federal Government. It has taken me years to achieve this goal and I am quite pleased to share it with my all my family members, friends, former employers/supervisors and others. In short: NO MORE searching for part time, seasonal, daycare, bus driving, pharmacy/retail jobs, etc. Thank you for your support! God Bless everyone!”
- Mark Chartrand, participant in the Employment Service
“The YMCA Employment services supported my business by being there as a partner in our recruiting objectives. They supported us by: advertising our job fair, in providing information on current HR practices, pre-screening applicants, joining our team of recruiters, interviewing and identifying job matches. The YMCA provided insight into each candidate by offering unbiased assessments and program assistance, which helped both our business and applicants. They are dedicated to maintaining a positive and mutually beneficial partnership. Their attitude and willingness to help is a big part of why I chose to partner with YMCA Employment Services. They have an amazing service; wonderful and dedicated staff and I would recommend them to any business or individual.”
− Tyler Arseneau, Franchise Owner of Urban Air Adventure Park, Sudbury Ontario