The AZ Class driver must carry a clean driver abstract and have a multiple disciplined track record to include but not limited to experience in proper tie down procedures, loading and unloading a variety of landscaping materials (stone, gravel, soils and filled totes). Driver must be able to understand all required standards of vehicle maintenance to include elements of emergency safety procedures. Driver must understand the Province of Ontario Commercial Vehicle Operators Safety Manual In all instances she/he must perform duties in accordance with Futurescape Landscaping Health & Safety, maintenance and overall standards.
- Transport safely bulk landscape materials/orders to residential and commercial clients
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometres spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions while verifying types of materials being transported ensuring they do not exceed weight restrictions.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.)
- Assist in yard coordination so that all vehicles and deliveries exercise the highest level of directional safety
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
To apply: Email resume and clean drivers abstract to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org