Website Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
Full-Time / Contract
Reporting to the Team Supervisor – Access, the Children’s Support Worker is responsible for providing a support function to the child welfare team with respect to children and families, supported by the Agency and Alternative Care parents.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Certificate in Social Services
- One (1) year direct experience in a Social Services Agency
- Experience working with Aboriginal people, organizations and communities
- Respect for, sensitivity towards as well as knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbek culture, traditions and the Seven Grandfather Teachings
- Ability to understand and speak Anishnaabemowin is a definite asset
- Must provide a Criminal Records Check deemed satisfactory by the employer
- Must have a Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s Licence, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel
- Must have $1M automobile insurance coverage
- Proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 is a requirement of this position unless due to a medical, disability or religious exemption.
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services has been in operation for over 30 years. We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. JOIN A GROWING AND DYNAMIC ORGANIZATION OFFERING REWARDING CAREERS, COMPETITIVE SALARIES, BENEFITS, OMERS PENSION AND A GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT FOR INDIVIDUALS COMMITTED TO MAKING A DIFFERENCE.
Please submit a job related resume and cover letter along with three work related references by:
Tuesday, May 24, 2022 – 4:00 pm
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
210B Gran Street, Batchewana First Nation, ON P6A 0C4
Preference will be given to Indigenous applicants. Self-Identification is encouraged. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. A full job description is located on our website at www.nog.ca
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org