Website Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
NOGDAWINDAMIN Family and Community Services, a designated Indigenous Child Welfare Agency under the Child Youth and Family Services Act serving member First Nations situated between Sault Ste. Marie and Sudbury is seeking to hire a Family Well-Being Worker. This position is full time contract until September 29, 2023.
Reporting to the Team Supervisor, the Family Well-Being Worker provides direct one-to-one support to parents in their home or out in the community. Services include educating parents about childcare and child development; advocacy for parents/families; encourage nurturing behavior and interaction between parents and their children; and assisting parents and families in accessing relevant community resources. The Family Well-Being Worker functions within legislative requirements, regulations, policies and procedures and the Mission, and Vision of Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services.
• Preferred University Degree in Human Services
• Required College Diploma in Human Services
• Two (2) years’ direct service with children, families and groups preferred
• Life Skills Coaching Certification an asset
• Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• Respect for, sensitivity towards as well as knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbek culture, traditions and the Seven Grandfather Teachings
• Ability to understand and speak Anishnaabemowin is a definite asset
• Must provide a Criminal Records Check deemed satisfactory by the employer
• Must have a Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s Licence, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel
• Must have $1M automobile insurance coverage
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services has been in operation for over 30 years. We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
JOIN A GROWING AND DYNAMIC ORGANIZATION OFFERING REWARDING CAREERS, COMPETITIVE SALARIES, BENEFITS, OMERS PENSION AND A GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT FOR INDIVIDUALS COMMITTED TO MAKING A DIFFERENCE.
Please submit a job-related resume and cover letter along with three work related references by:
Friday, March 24, 2023 – 4:00 pm
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
210B Gran Street, Batchewana First Nation, ON P6A 0C4
Preference will be given to Indigenous applicants. Self-Identification is encouraged.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A full job description is located on our website at www.nog.ca
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org