Full-Time Position (Shift Work May Be Required – Days/Evenings)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
Interpaving Limited is a privately held company that specializes in a diverse range of work in Civil Infrastructure including road & pipe construction, aggregate production, concrete production, hot mix asphalt production, equipment rentals, and construction management. Here at Interpaving Limited, we offer steady employment with a competitive compensation package based on experience.
Our growing team continuously seeks hard-working and talented individuals who will have a positive impact on the construction community. We are currently seeking to have a Heavy Equipment Mechanic join our team.
Join our team and take part in building something you will be proud of.
The successful candidate will possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below.
- A minimum of one (1) year of directly related experience
- Education: Other trades certificate or diploma is an asset.
- Ability to use tools and equipment required to perform the work (e.g. hand and power tools, etc.)
- Ability to handle the weight handling of mass up to 45kg (100lbs)
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System and best practices within areas of responsibility.
- Satisfactory health, attendance, and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s license, have an acceptable driving record as well as have a means of transportation.
- Major internal engine repairs or overhaul
- Installation and alignment of engines and machinery; Air conditioning system; Fuel injection system; Engine control system; Lubrication system; Cooling system; Exhaust system
- Diesel Engine Repair Specialization;
- Mechanical Maintenance and Repair Specialization: Pumps; Hydraulic-operated working attachments; Compressors; Cable-operated working attachments; Wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering; Tracked vehicle suspensions and steering; Power take-offs; Off-road vehicle tires and wheels; Mechanical transmissions; Hydraulic transmissions; Highway vehicle tires and wheels; Drive trains and final drives; Differentials;
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts;
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work; Service attachments and working tools;
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions;
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required;
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications
- Perform hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting, mechanical repairs, and PDI’s (pre-delivery inspections) on a variety of heavy equipment
- Conduct repairs in a timely and effective manner, communicating effectively with the team to ensure optimal efficiency
- Conduct regular preventative maintenance tasks and inspections
- Communicate with Service Manager regarding job progress and job status changes
- Maintain organized and safe work area, shop tools, and service vans
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of Interpaving Limited Health & Safety Policy Program.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
How to apply: please send your resume to email@example.com and note in the subject line what position you are applying for.