- Maintains high standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the facility by cleaning and sanitizing rooms and furnishings in assigned work areas following established policies and procedures
- Sorts, washes, dries, and folds linens and personal clothing and delivers laundry and personal clothing, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Some Key Responsibilities
- Receives assignments, assembles required materials and supplies, loads service carts, and transports to the work area.
- Using specified cleaning/disinfecting/sanitizing agents, and following specific procedures, work patterns, and routines, perform tasks such as vacuuming, sweeping, dry/wet mopping, scrubbing, sanitizing/disinfecting floors; spot cleaning walls, windows, and doors between washing; dusting, washing, sanitizing/disinfecting furniture, shelves, woodwork, etc.
- Emptying wastebaskets and rearranging furniture; removing waste; cleaning and disinfecting all bathroom fixtures and replenishing supplies; cleaning floors, fixtures and furnishings in utility rooms, kitchen, closets, etc.
- Ensures the privacy of residents during the performance of duties.
- Prepares room for new occupant following prescribed procedures.
- Notifies supervisor when supplies are low or equipment is malfunctioning.
- Returns unused supplies and cleans and stores equipment
- Delivers and serves meals by following procedures and schedules.
- Receives laundry and sorts according to type, condition, and weight. Follows specific instructions for treatment of soiled linens. Separates loads according to classification.
- Washes and dries laundry following instructions for machine operation, designated washing and drying times, etc. Sorts personal clothing or puts it aside for repairs or ironing. Folds laundry as required, sorts and delivers to appropriate units.
- Observes operation of machines and report malfunctioning to supervisor. Assists in maintaining laundry facilities, equipment, and supplies. Cleans machines as required and cleans and tidies floors and laundry area.
- Adheres to established department policies and procedures regarding quality, assurance, safety, environment, infection control, and WHMIS.
- Develops and maintains a thorough working knowledge of the Finlandia Nursing Home Health and Safety Manual and associated Provincial Legislation and collective agreements.
- Develops and maintains a thorough working knowledge of Finlandia’s Resident Safety Policies
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade X) Education or equivalent
- Food Handler Certificate is considered an asset
- Two to three years of institutional housekeeping and/or laundry is considered an asset
- Understanding of chemicals and equipment used in cleaning, a basic understanding of wash and dryer operations and some knowledge of chemicals used in process is considered an asset
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction
- Ability to organize workload and a good understanding of isolation procedures
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) is considered an asset
- Finnish language skills are considered an asset
- Extensive standing and walking; wide range of body movements including squatting, reaching and lifting
- Exposure to hazards from use of power equipment
- Exposure to biochemical agents and wet floors
- Subject to interruptions of duties resulting from resident needs
- Inside work where the area may be noisy, hot and humid
- Exposed to steam from machines and occasionally wet floors
- Exposure to strong odours from soiled linens
- Frequent lifting of heavily soiled linens but in controlled amounts or with assistance
- Exposure to biochemical agents
If you would like to join a well-respected organization that has built a tradition of developing mutually rewarding relationships with our residents, employees, and the community we serve, please submit your resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest and invite applications from persons with disabilities. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Please advise at the time of contact if accommodations are required for your interview.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.32-$17.21 per hour
- Company events
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Monday to Friday
To keep our staff and residents safe we will continue to screen all staff, residents, volunteers, students, contractors and visitors. Provide PPE, clean and disinfect surfaces and follow infection control practices.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com