Website https://twitter.com/KGCFS/status/1412395093718355969 Kina Gbezhgomi Child & Family Services
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Assist with and maintains the database system and security software utilized on the network (e.g. Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Windows 10, could printing, and Solar Winds) by adding new users, maintaining E-mail lists, and establishing appropriate rights and privileges.
- Maintain and support Remote Access, Internet security and Virtual Private Networks.
- Assist with the regular backup of files stored on the network and coordinate recovery efforts as required.
- Assist in research and evaluation of software and hardware that are fiscally responsible and promote enhanced functioning of the system in terms of financial, service, and human resources departments.
- Assist IT administrator in procuring quotes for any hardware/software required for agency.
- Prepare invoices and electronic filing system on behalf of the IT administrator.
- Maintain, configure, and support telephone systems working in collaboration with appropriate vendors.
- Verify equipment arrival from vendors.
- Maintain and complete agency inventory.
- Maintain updated paperless vendor files and file numbers.
- Maintain updated paperless customer file and invoice numbers.
- Receive, verify invoices, and requisitions for goods and services.
- Responsible for the systematic control and care of all agency IT assets.
- Attends training hosted by the supervisor, follows the procedure manuals, and advises supervisor of any changes to the manuals that need to be completed.
- Participate in OACAS, ITNG, ANCFSAO forums as required.
- Participate in professional development to achieve increased competence and skill in areas critical to performance by attending appropriate training opportunities and keeping current with the theory and practice in one’s area of employment.
- Will act as a representative at Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee for Finance Site and attend meetings as required.
- Attend regular IT team meetings, providing input on issues and concerns.
- Work in collaboration with the lead, develop and execute the Society procurement process including RFP’s, tenders, and vendor evaluation and selection process as well as provide support to staff and proponents in the procurement process.
- On-boarding and off-boarding.
- Prepare and provide orientation and training for Agency personnel on the use of designated software and services and case management programs (e.g. Microsoft programs. Frontline etc.)
- Ensure staff follow agency terms set out in the agency and IT policy.
STANDARD KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of office administration and basic IT procedures.
Working knowledge of the Ministry of Community and Family and Children’s Services.
- Acting in accordance with relevant legislation and Agency Policies and Standards and Procedures
- Thorough and/or working knowledge of the agency’s IT policy.
- Proposing changes within Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family
- Services that would improve the quality of service to Anishinabek children, families, and communities.
- Developing and maintaining respectful cooperative working relationships that will contribute to the integrated, seamless delivery of services to Anishinabek children, families, and communities.
- Reflecting and interpreting the Agency Vision, Mission and Core
- Values in own work with enthusiasm and commitment.
- Working knowledge of related agency IT platforms (e.g., Penlieu, Excel, Easy Pay for Windows, Microsoft Team, Zoom, Replicon, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, Power Business Intelligence, Azure, 365 and XEROX Uni Print)
- Reporting requirements, i.e. budgets, SolarWinds statistics.
- Ability to maintain the appropriate safeguards for the confidentiality of Agency and client information.
- Ensuring accuracy, confidentiality, and safekeeping of agency records.
- Due to the sensitive nature of the agency business and client information, confidentiality must be always maintained.
- Participating constructively in the supervision process.
- Creating and maintaining a strong sense of team identity.
- Ability to work productively with limited supervision and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with other employees from a wide range of department areas.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and within a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building, analytical, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills both written and orally.
- Demonstrated appreciation of the whole team process.
- Asks powerful questions and provides feedback.
- Proactively anticipating needs/issues and providing solutions.
- Has great listening skills.
- Uses silence effectively.
- Framing and Reframing.
- Proven leadership and planning abilities.
- Understanding role and responsibility in maintaining a safe workplace and preventing workplace injuries.
- May require lifting items more than 50 pounds.
- The employee may be exposed to potentially hazardous environments this may include driving conditions and volatile situations.
- Can sit/stand for extended period utilized in front of computer.
- Work a standard work week of 35 hours per week, however, the ability to work flexible hours may be required.
- Must be willing to work remotely.
- While performing the duties of this job, the “Position” will typically be in an office setting, the delivery of activities likely will be offsite.
- Must be willing to authorize a “Criminal Record Search” and sign a “Declaration Oath of Confidentiality.”
- Must be willing to carry and agency cell phone, IT equipment, drive agency vehicle as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, provide proof of insurance, provide drivers abstract and be willing to travel.
- University degree, college diploma, or certificates equivalent, specializing in Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field.
- The employer reserves the right to waive the required qualifications in the event of other exceptional qualifications or experience.
- Must possess knowledge, respect, and sensitivity of the Anishinaabe culture and be committed to
helping First Nation families strengthen and achieve a healthy level of well-being.
- The ability to speak the Anishinaabe Language is an asset.
Contribute to the culture of the agency through sharing and building knowledge and understanding, respect and sensitivity of the Anishinabek culture, traditions, and the Seven Grandfather Teachings.
- Understanding and awareness of a First Nations employment environment, including knowledge of KGCFS member First Nation communities as well as the local customs and traditions.
- The traditional practices of the Anishinabek will expose staff to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweet grass, sage, or cedar that will occur within the workplace or work setting.
- All Employees are part of a multi-functional team where members are expected to possess knowledge, respect, and sensitivity of the Anishinaabe culture and be committed to helping First Nation families strengthen and achieve a healthy level of well-being.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com