Website Friends of Killarney Park
Outpost Team Member
Friends of Killarney Park (FOKP) is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the environmental, educational and recreational goals of Killarney Provincial Park. Through a variety of events and programs, we aim to enhance visitor experience and protect the rich biodiversity of the area.
We are currently hiring two Outpost Team Members for fall 2021. We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis, looking to fill the positions in September.
Responsible for performing Outpost sales and providing customer service. These positions are based out of Killarney Provincial Park’s George Lake office.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director:
- Provide information about FOKP’s mandate and activities
- Provide information on Killarney Provincial Park and area attractions.
- Promote responsible wilderness ethics and skills.
- Provide assistance to members of the public who are interested in purchasing park maps, field guides, and other items available for purchase from FOKP.
- Perform cash handling duties, preparation of daily sales summaries, inventory counts, and pricing and stocking of store products.
- Assist with product development and ordering.
- Assist in the sale and distribution of FOKP publications to all existing and potential vendors.
- Maintain a clean and professional-looking work and display area and present a clean, professional personal appearance.
- Perform other related duties as required.
NOTE: The above duties are representative of a typical position and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
- Retail sales and cash handling procedures
- Provincial Parks and associated natural and cultural resources.
- Demonstrate initiative and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate organizational skills.
- Demonstrate excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
On-the-job training will be provided. Accommodation will be available if needed (housing in Killarney Park, a short 5-minute walk from the building they would be working in).