We are HIRING and looking for a Part-Time Pet Food Consultant (Student Highschool or College/University) to join our team. We offer competitive wages, exceptional training, and an exciting/rewarding workplace. We are a growing Health Food Store for Pets based in the South End of Sudbury that offers its employees a rewarding career with room for advancement. We have high expectations because our customers and community deserve it.
Why Join Tail Blazers?
At Tail Blazers Sudbury we are always looking for team members that are passionate about keeping pets healthy and bold enough to undertake extensive training with an “Always eager to learn” attitude. We look for individuals that
understand how important our customers are, how important our companion animals are, and share in our vision and promise.
At Tail Blazers we promise to be trendsetters in our industry by purchasing ONLY from companies that are constantly improving their product line. As the pet food industry grows and advances, we will continually improve our product offerings.
We vow to carry as many Canadian and Eco-friendly product options that we can while maintaining the quality our customers have come to know and trust. Our goal is to make readily available human-grade, healthy and nutrient-rich, species-appropriate, and life-enhancing products for pets.
“Our NO TRICKERY Promise”
✓ We promise to dig through the facts from Pet Food Manufacturers
and only allow the best to come in. If we do not carry a brand of
food… there could be a reason!
✓ We promise that you will receive truthfulness. We are not affiliated
with anyone manufacturer, and we will give you our researched
opinion on what food is the best match for your companion
✓ We promise that our consultants receive no commission and are
never required to up-sell. You will only receive honest suggestions
to empower you in making the best decisions.
✓ We promise to stay on top of industry trends and marketing
deceptions to better serve you.
✓ We promise that we will do our best to not fall for false and
misleading marketing ploys that give empty promises and are
designed to fool consumers.
✓ We promise to continue learning, growing and cultivating our
commitment to you and your companion animal(s).
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
The qualities of an effective Pet Food Consultant are to promote an environment focused on consistent, superior, and positive in-store experiences to customers and team members. As an effective Pet Food Consultant, you shall:
❖ Have a Positive Attitude (i.e., diplomacy, cheerfulness),
❖ Have Superior telephone Skills (i.e., professionalism),
❖ Exhibit Strong Organizational Skills (i.e., Record Keeping),
❖ Have great Judgement Skills (i.e., discretion),
❖ Develop Product Knowledge and Industry Experience (Continue to train),
❖ Have Leadership Skills,
❖ Have Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills,
❖ Be Results-Oriented,
❖ Set a positive example for other employees to follow,
❖ Be Confident in Decision Making,
❖ Emphasize and Model Exceptional Customer Service,
❖ Develop Strong Relationship Building,
❖ Be Willing to Delegate,
❖ Have to ability to admit to fault and put into place an action plan for correction,
❖ Accept the requirements to constantly learn and train by completing training courses in a timely manner,
❖ Put in a productive day’s work to the best of your abilities and skill,
❖ Have high standards in both personal and professional conduct and appearance (both on and off the job),
❖ Respect the need for timely arrival to work.
To be successful, you will need to possess:
• Retail experience (optional).
• Solid computer skills; especially MS Excel, Word, Google Office,
• Cashier experience.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills.
• Organizational and time-management skills.
• Natural charisma and leadership.
• Ability to make quick and smart decisions under pressure.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to lift, carry, and stock retail products up to 40 lbs. repetitively.
• Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills.
• Sales Skills.
• Strong Relationship Building.
• Exceptional Customer Service Skills.
• Experience with POS management.
• Available for varied weekly shifts, including weekends, and closing.
As a valued and respected team member, your job responsibilities will be to:
• Build brand loyalty through excellent product knowledge.
• Provides quality customer service, including interacting with customers, answering customer inquiries, and effectively handling customer complaints.
• Assisting customers in selecting desired products.
• Serving customers in such a manner to promote a pleasant experience and repeat sales.
• Responsiveness to consumer trends and customer needs (completing at-home education and reading in a timely manner).
• Maintaining constant alertness to protect against fraud (i.e., Theft, shoplifting, outdated credit cards, etc.).
• Recording several items accurately and efficiently (i.e., sales transactions, refunds, credits, hours worked, etc.).
• Communicating to store manager any customer requests or challenges (i.e., special orders, difficult customers, etc.).
• Performing daily store functions while on shift (i.e., opening/closing, housekeeping, product display, etc.).
• Product information and differentiation/Product availability/Product substitutions
• Computer literacy (including the use of software)
• Ensure adherence to all company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Perform opening and closing procedures
• Ensure company brand materials and physical working spaces meet and exceed company presentation standards
• Provide exceptional customer service, including interacting with customers, answering customer inquiries, and effectively handling customer complaints
If you are looking for a change and want to give back to your community by being a leader in Pet Nutrition, then we would love to hear from you. There is room for advancement. Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.orgSalary Rate: $15.50 to $16.00/hr