Personal Support Worker (PSW) – Sudbury
Do your life’s best work with us!
CBI Health is dedicated to improving the lives of both our clients and our health care team members. As you care for others, CBI Health will care for you by providing the Personal Protective Equipment, training, and resources that you need to feel confident every day.
We are committed to making a difference in people’s lives – and that starts with yours. You will enjoy a flexible schedule that allows you to achieve your goals at work and at home, with a balance of teamwork and independence. We have a team of Supervisors and motivated colleagues who are excited to meet and support you!
Here is a look at our total rewards:
– Competitive wages and benefits package not including travel pay up to $20.68/hr in total compensation, including temporary government, enhanced wage premium to March 31st, 2021, if eligible
– Travel and weekend /evenings premium paid in addition
– Paid orientation and ongoing training
– Career development and progression opportunities
Your role with clients:
As a caring, responsible health care team member, you will support clients to be as safe and independent in their homes as possible, helping them to live their best lives. You will provide personal care to clients in their homes, and may assist them to mobilize and perform light exercises. You will act at all times with the client and their family at the heart of all you do, observing, documenting, and reporting any changes in their condition to your Manager/Supervisor. You may be required to perform light housekeeping tasks as indicated in client care plans.
What you will need to be successful:
– Your Personal Support Worker Certificate or Equivalent, or valid certification as a Home Support
Worker, Home Support worker level II, Home Support worker level III, Health Care aid or
– Students currently enrolled (post first year) in health care programs such as nursing, rehab, para
medicine or have a valid certificate as a Developmental Support Worker or a valid certificate as an RN, RPN, or Practical Nurse, midwife, or physician (either domestic or foreign-trained) or RN students with a minimum successful completion of year 1
– Current CPR and First Aid Certification
– A clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 12 months
– Proof of a negative TB test within the last 12 months and an up-to-date immunization record
– Ability to travel from home to home within the community
– Commitment to work every other weekend
– Strong verbal and written English communication skills required; the ability to communicate in
French or other languages is considered an asset
– Reliability and strong organization skills
– Ability to safely lift up to 35 lbs. (16 kg)
– When you join our team as a Personal Support Worker, you will belong to one of Canada’s leaders in the healthcare industry with 250 locations across the country. As one of the largest healthcare networks in Canada, we are proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member, and Canada’s 10 Most Admired Company cultures.
Multiple options to apply! Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly at our website. You can also call our Recruitment Hotline Number
647-746-9256 and we will call you back. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an
interview will be contacted.
Join us at CBI Health – where we work together to make great things happen.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com