The Personal Support Worker’s duty is to provide support services to clients living in the buildings operated by the Sudbury Finnish Rest Home Society Inc. This position works with members of the health care team and the supportive housing team to meet the needs of the clients to help them attain an optimal level of independence and well-being.
Some Key Responsibilities
- Observe the client’s situation to determine any need for change in the level of personal support or for professional assessment;
- Contribute to the personal support care plan
- Perform personal support tasks which may include:
- Mouth care
- Medication assistance
- Safety checks
- Physiotherapy assistance
- Escorting clients to appointments
- Escorting clients to on-site programs
- Tray deliveries/meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Assist with activities of daily living
- Assist in planning and carrying out activity programs to provide social activation among the individuals either on a one-to-one basis or as a group
- Other duties as assigned
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) Certificate is considered an asset
- Finnish speaking skills considered an asset.
- Walking, kneeling, pushing, and pulling
- Supporting the weight of an adult client
If you would like to join a well-respected organization that has built a tradition of developing mutually rewarding relationships with our residents, employees, and the community we serve, please submit your resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest and invite applications from persons with disabilities. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Please advise at the time of contact if accommodations are required for your interview.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $19.50 per hour
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
To keep our staff and residents safe we will continue to screen all staff, residents, volunteers, students, contractors, and visitors. Provide PPE, clean and disinfect surfaces and follow infection control practices.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org