Website HARD-LINE SOLUTIONS INC.
The Production Technician Level 1 is required to perform tasks involving physical labour and operating a variety of hand and power tools. Responsibilities include the assembly of products using bolts, screws, clips, soldering tools, and assorted fasteners. The Production Technician Level 1 will be responsible for efficient production of products according to established procedures, following all safety protocols and workplace policies. This is an entry level position and the successful candidate will receive full training.
Key Areas of Responsibilities and Associated Duties
- Read schematics, blueprints and other technical diagrams.
- Report defects of components, parts, assemblies.
- Document work through creation of assembly manuals
- Ensure proper housekeeping.
- Assemble, label and /or package product components, in-process materials and finished goods.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), guidelines and/or diagrams to ensure that product specification and tolerance levels are met.
- Ensure that product quality requirements are always met.
- Identify use hand tools and soldering iron.
- Provides feedback or actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives related to the operation
- Provide continuous improvement suggestions. Participate in troubleshooting and improvement projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Physical ability to lift 50 pounds, requiring manual dexterity and versatility.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others and be able to work in a team
- Ability to follow written instructions, standard operating procedures, and pre-defined guidelines to execute and perform the functions of the job.
- Demonstrate attention to detail skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, production environment
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to use hand tools
- Experience or education in electronics is a strong asset
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Ability to read schematics, blueprints and other technical documents
- Ability to identify and correct defects to IPC 610 and IPC/WHMA-A620 class 3 requirements
- Ability to determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do the job
- Strong English oral and written communication skills
- Comfort with repetitive work
- Comfort working with computers
- Accountable, dependable and results-oriented
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Safety conscious
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Must have 20/20 vision or achieve 20/20 vision through corrective eyewear.
- Ability to work in conditions that include heat, humidity, and exposure to dust.
- Ability to work with a variety of hand and power tools.
- Ability to perform repetitive work.
- Ability to lift objects up to 50lbs
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment, including safety glasses, gloves, and steel toe boots
- Requires good manual dexterity
- Ability to communicate within a team environment
- Excellent stamina is required
Soldering Skill Level
- Lead free hand soldering of wire harnesses, non-PCB to IPC/WHMA-A620 class 3 requirements
- Soldering Iron
- Heat Gun
- Bench Vice
- Crimping Tools
- Hand Drills
- Hand Tools
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed and instructed by management
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org