Evans Home Buiding Centre
HOURS: 7:30AM to 6:00PM (Mon – Sat)
The Sales Associate is responsible for providing prompt, courteous, and efficient service to customers. Advise customers on appropriate merchandise and related items; processing transactions (cash, credit card, debit card) using retail software; ticketing and replenishing merchandise, cycle counting; general housekeeping of shelves, loss prevention, merchandising, restocking, cashier duties, and staying current with trends in the industry.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Assist customers in locating merchandise in-store, on homehardware.com, as well as processing special
– Filling in as cashier when required.
– Ensure customers are greeted within 30 seconds of entering the store or your department.
– Determine customer’s needs by asking open-ended questions.
– Communicate product knowledge to the customer as appropriate.
– Assist customers in locating and comparing merchandise.
– Assist customers with finding all items needed to complete their project.
– Process special orders for non-stock or out-of-stock items.
– Record repeat customer requests for products and follow-up when the product arrives at the store.
– Assist customers with carrying out large or heavy items.
– Relieve as a cashier when necessary.
– Follow procedures and maintain standards according to store policy in the following areas: loss prevention, receiving and pricing goods, merchandise handling, and presentation, housekeeping, reordering merchandise, restocking shelves, and handling cash.
– Advise the designated manager of shortages, damaged goods, back-orders, etc.
– Change prices on merchandise, bins, displays, etc. as necessary.
– Build special displays and signage for sales, promotions, and other special events.
– Remove sales and promotional displays, prices, etc., and rearrange stock following promotional events.
– Always take appropriate safety precautions when cutting pipe, glass, wire mesh, making keys, etc., and make an effort to minimize waste.
– Help unload incoming trucks.
– Check incoming merchandise against invoices to spot shortages, damaged goods, back-orders, etc.
– Keep stock in the storage area neat, clean, and orderly.
– Participate in regular cycle counting, and assist in taking annual inventory counts.
– Reorder merchandise according to store buying procedures.
– Attend store meetings, training sessions, etc. as required.
– Work on special projects as assigned by the department manager.
– Work on additional duties and assignments as assigned by management.
– Work in a safe manner in accordance with provincial and federal safety legislation, as well as the use of good common sense. Report any potential hazards and unsafe behavior to management in order to have the situation corrected.
– Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
– Friendly and helpful attitude toward customers.
– Excellent communication skills.
– High School graduation or equivalent.
– Willingness to learn.
– Good mathematical skills.
– Prior retail experience beneficial.
– Creative abilities for making attractive in-store displays.
– Willingness to continually develop professional skills and knowledge base.
– Ability to work cooperatively in a team atmosphere.
– Reports directly to the Department Manager or Store Manager.
How to apply: Interested applicants please submit a resume to email@example.com. Please specify the position and company you are applying for
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org