Website YMCA of Northeastern Ontario
The YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is a dynamic charity dedicated to strengthening the foundations of communities by offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. The YMCA is pleased to announce the expansion of Woodland, Early Learning Child Care Centre in partnership with the Near North District School Board as well as the opening of Our Lady of Sorrows, Early Learning Child Care in partnership with the Nipissing – Parry Sound Catholic District School Board. To learn more about our programs and services offered please visit ymcaneo.ca
We are currently looking for Assistant Educators to join our team of committed professionals. These part-time positions within the Association are at various locations throughout North Bay and Sturgeon Falls. Under the leadership of the Supervisor of Child and Family Development, the Assistant Educator is responsible for the overall health, safety and well-being of the children in our care (0-12 years). This job is also responsible for preparing and delivering high-quality educational programming by adhering to the YMCA’s Policies, Procedures and Best Practices, that is grounded in the YMCA Mission, Vision and Values. The Assistant Educator will ensure compliancy with YMCA Curriculum, Quality Assurance and legislative requirements set forth by the Ministry of Education, DSSAB/Municipality, Public Health and the local Fire Department.
START DATE: As soon as possible
LOCATION: North Bay
RATE OF PAY: $16.50 – $18.50 per hour
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Professional working experience with children and youth (minimum of 6 months)
- Current Standard First Aid with Infant and Child CPR (Level C) *Recognized by the WSIB
- Knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Certification in YMCA Playing to Learn and Healthy Child Development is an asset
- Health Assessment from Medical Professional and Immunizations Record
- Current and satisfactory Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Ensure safe, secure, organized and clean environments and play spaces
- Prepare weekly programming plans that promote early learning
- Ensure all programming meets the YMCA’s National Curriculum needs
- Observe, assess and record the skills, abilities, interests and needs of the children through written documentation, and open communication with families and approved community partners
- Maintain professional and positive relationships with all families and community partners
**This position may be entitled to a Ministry of Education Wage Enhancement Grant (WEG) of up to an additional $2.00/hour for qualifying positions within a licensed child care program at the YMCA. The YMCA submits an application annually for all entitled positions. The WEG is approved by the local Municipality and Ministry of Education, and is a government initiative to enhance the wages of child care educators. The WEG is not guaranteed by the YMCA, and can be withdrawn by the Ministry of Education.
If you would like to work in a family friendly environment, please apply, by website only, with a cover letter and resume by January 26, 2021 to the attention of:
PERSONNEL COMMITTEE | CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Please ensure that your cover letter and resume both specify the job title of the position that you are applying for.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Human Resources Department.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector for review prior to starting employment.
Please note that candidates invited for an interview will be required to submit three professional references.
YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment. All of our employees and job applicants will be promoted or employed solely on the basis of their abilities and qualifications.Salary Rate: 16.50 - 18.50
To apply for this job please visit www.ymcaneo.ca.