However you choose to get involved, together, we will make a difference.
YMCA Events are a great way to get involved in the community and build new skills in a fun, friendly environment. Click on a button below to find out more details!
Fill The Bus
What is Fill the Bus?
Fill the Bus is a YMCA Strong Kids initiative that raises awareness around the YMCA’s financial assistance program and sending children to YMCA Camp. Our goal this year is to raise $20,000, enough to send 80 local kids to camp!
How Much Is It to Put A Kid On The Bus?
A donation of $250 will add a child to the bus. Every dollar raised will help local kids through the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign!
How Can You Participate?
We encourage everyone to take part in this initiative! Here are some ways to get involved:
- Engage your place of work and promote Fill the Bus on your social media
- Local businesses can sponsor the event by pledging to send kids to camp through staff or one-time donation
- Local schools can fundraise and engage staff, students and families with hat days or pajama days
- Donate or run an outside third party special event to help raise funds in support of Fill the Bus
Stay tuned for details on Fill the Bus 2020!
YMCA Strong Kids Breakfast
The health and wellbeing of our members, clients, participants, families and community partners is of utmost importance to us at the YMCA. In light of the recent events related to the COVID-19 outbreak, we have made the decision to postpone the YMCA Strong Kids Breakfast in Sudbury to a later date. Please stay tuned for more information.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact your usual YMCA point of contact or visit our website for regular updates. Thank you for your understanding.
YMCA Road Hockey Classic
The YMCA Road Hockey Classic is a Strong Kids event that celebrates friendly competition while playing Canada’s favourite backyard game. We encourage everyone to join, no matter what your skill level is. All proceeds from this event will help local children and families in the community!
Tim Hortons YMCA Golf Classic
Monday, August 10, 2020 marks the 28th Annual Tim Horton YMCA Golf Classic – taking place at Osprey Links Golf Course – and we’d love for you to join us!
Your entry fee of $150 per person includes:
- Green Fee and Cart
- Registration Gift & Prizes
- Lunch & Dinner
- Access to Silent & Live Auctions
All proceeds from the Golf Classic benefit the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign and the Tim Horton Children’s Foundation, directly impacting children and families in North Bay and area and opening up doors to health, fitness, aquatics and camping programs for those who might otherwise be unable to afford them.
Tour de Trout
Tour de Trout is a fundraising event for the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign run by YMCA Past Board Member Johanne Brousseau and is in its 4th year. Every year we have seen growth in participants and donations!
Avid and enthusiastic swimmers gather to swim a series of swims. Details coming soon for 2020 Tour de Trout!
How to Get Involved
There are many ways to get involved in Tour de Trout!
Volunteer: We have volunteer kayakers who ensure the safety of the swimmers by following them during the swim!
Swim: Interested in swimming with us? It costs $50 to join the swim! You can fill out the online registration form and make your payment or contact Johanne Brousseau at email@example.com to join us! View the event’s map and schedule! Please view the rules below before you participate.
Sponsor: We are looking for business owners or professionals to sponsor a leg of the swim! See our sponsorship opportunities!
All proceeds go towards the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign. The YMCA is a charity dedicated to building healthy communities by nurturing the potential of children, teens and young adults.
Supporting the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign directly helps children and families by promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility. Together, we can build a healthy community!
- Respect the privacy of the dock hosts and leave with all the items you arrived with.
- Wear a bright bathing cap (yellow, pink etc.) so you are visible at all times.
- Swim with a buddy or in a pod.
- Kayakers will stop the pod periodically for a rest or in times of heavy boat traffic to ensure safety.
- We recommend that you wear a triathlete wet suit (full or shorty acceptable). The suit will make you more streamlined and will keep your core temperature at a comfortable level.
- Please assist kayakers to bring kayaks to and from the lake.
- Optional: Wear a visibility buoy.
Downtown Sudbury Ribfest
Stay turned for information on the 2020 Downtown Sudbury Ribest!