Ontario SPCA and Humane Society
Who We Are
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society is a registered charity and has been operating for nearly 150 years. The Society provides care, comfort and compassion to animals in need in communities across Ontario; we value all animals and advocate to treat them with respect and kindness. We strive to keep pets and families together and do so through a variety of community support services.
Position: We are seeking a Customer Care Representative to provide superb customer service to the public, including donors and volunteers and ensures compliance with the Centre’s policies and procedures. This role handles the day-to-day customer care interactions for the centre including telephone reception, emails, social media, volunteer coordination and more. As an adoption services expert for the centre this role also ensures a seamless adoption experience for our clients and animals each and every time.
Location: Sudbury, Ontario (onsite)
A Typical Day
- Greeting visitors and seeking client information to support/understand customer needs
- Advising the public in a variety of ways including general inquires, adoption counselling, retention counselling, relinquishment counselling and general animal care questions
- Assisting the public with adoptions and adoption inquiries and acting as a resource for centre visitors seeking information on the adoption program
- Ensuring adoptive family is adequately informed of the needs of the animal, including follow-up care behavioural queries and/or rehabilitation requirements.
- Supporting the foster program by providing supplies and setting up appointments with foster parents.
- Participating in animal care duties including general cleaning, enrichment and behavioural care
- Performing general clerical duties and record keeping
- Providing instruction, coaching and mentoring to volunteers and foster parents
- Processing service/adoption payments
Why You Should Join Our Team?
- Be part of an energetic team environment with others who share your passion for animal wellbeing!
- Competitive compensation package
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- 3 weeks of vacation after 3 years of service
- Predictable day time hours
- Onsite parking
Do You Have What it Takes?
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Animal care experience
- Previous clerical experience
- 1-3 years of Customer service experience in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift 18 kg (40lbs) and pull 34 kg (75lbs)
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required
- Certificate or College Diploma in Animal Care or working towards, preferred
- Open availability including weekdays, weekends and holidays
We Can’t Wait to Meet You!
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Renfrew County Animal Centre
Ontario SPCA and Humane Society
Please quote “ACA” in the subject line.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society provides accommodation during all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please advise us if you are contacted for an interview and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 888-668-7722 or email@example.com .
Please note that the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society has a Covid-19 vaccination policy in place for all employees and provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Valid medical accommodation will be taken into consideration on an individual basis.
Salary Rate: To be determined based on experience.
To apply for this job please visit ontariospca.ca.