Health & Fitness
Click on the drop down menus below to view our schedules. To register for a class online, please click on the Register Now button!
Select your location:
- each person that enters the facility will have their temperature checked
- spaces between fitness equipment has been increased to 3 meters
- fitness class attendance has been limited to 10 people
Your safety is our top priority. Here is an overview of what you can expect to see when you return to your YMCA. We’re continuing to follow guidelines from health experts and local government officials to ensure that our facilities meet the highest standard for hygiene and safety including modifying programs and facility spaces to maintain safe physical distancing. We will now be open Monday to Friday from 1:30pm-3:00pm. Please note that between the hours of 1:30pm-3:00pm some areas of the YMCA may be unavailable for short periods of time for enhanced cleaning. We thank you for your patience and understanding!
Here are the important modifications taking place to keep you and your family safe:
- Prior to visiting the YMCA, please self-screen using the self-assessment questionnaire approved by the Ministry of Health (click here to view). When you scan your membership card, you acknowledge that you have passed the self-screening questionnaire.
- You will not have to book your visit ahead of time. We have room capacity limits, which will be posted on signs throughout the facility. We ask that you please work with staff and volunteers to stay within those limits. Please note that there is a designated time between 9:00am-11:00am for members in the senior category or have compromised immune systems to visit the YMCA.
- All of our fitness classes will require pre-registration in order to monitor class sizes. Our fitness class schedule will begin the week of September 14th. Please click on your location above to see when class registration opens at your YMCA.
- Please come ready to workout with a water bottle, towel and gym appropriate clothing. Changerooms will be available with limited locker availability, but no water fountains are available.
- When you arrive, please enter through the door marked “enter”, sanitize your hands at our hand sanitizing stations, and proceed to Membership Services. Please remember to bring a mask. Staff and volunteers will be wearing masks. You are not required to wear a mask when you work out.
- You will notice more cleaning supplies available in all fitness areas. Please remember to wipe the equipment down before and after use. All fitness areas will be cleaned and sanitized regularly by YMCA staff and volunteers.
- Our hours have been updated. We will be open Monday-Friday from 7:00am-8:00pm. Please note we are closed on Sundays at this time.
- The Sudbury YMCA will be open from 8:00am-2:00pm on Saturdays.
- The North Bay YMCA will be open from 7:00am-3:00pm on Saturdays.