Settlement Services in the Schools
To assist newcomers within the school system, Settlement Worker in the Schools (SWIS) focuses on the needs of immigrant students and their families within schools and the community. Services are provided on an ongoing and as-needed basis.
- Information and orientation sessions about the English school system
- School registration
- Parent/teacher interviews
- Participation in school events and activities
- Needs assessment and referrals to community resources
- Community connections
- Social integration support
- Information sessions to school staff to ensure cultural competence
- English Conversation Circle
Melanie-Lynn Grandmont is the main contact for Sudbury Catholic District School Board and Rainbow District School Board. She can be reached by calling 705-921-6921 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments with SWIS can be scheduled at the schools in the directories below.