John Island Camp
Everyone should have the opportunity
to make endless summer camp memories.
Fall Women’s Weekend
About The Weekend!
CHANGE OF DATE
Friday September 18 – Sunday September 20, 2020
Cost: $285.00/participant (plus HST)
*prices are subject to change without notice
Completed Registrations can be submitted one of the following ways:
Use link to register online
YMCA Camping Services Office
140 Durham Street, Sudbury ON P3E 3M7
Registration Now Open
Women from all over Sudbury and beyond will be getting together to take part in a relaxing, self-indulgent, fun-filled weekend in the most magnificent location in the North Channel of Lake Huron.
This weekend offers a variety of high quality programs. Outdoor activities include our challenging high and low ropes courses, canoeing, archery, kayaking and hiking. Also available are yoga and meditation and sessions that aim to spark creativity, and other interests. Massage therapists and aestheticians are on site to provide their services to our participants throughout the weekend, with meals prepared by our wonderful kitchen. Participants can turn their full attention to trying new things, meeting new people and relaxing in the beautiful natural surroundings.
Some of the exciting programs to look forward to in 2020 include:
- Paint and Paddle
- Bath bomb making
- Traditional camp programming such as canoeing, sailing, & archery
Participants will have the option to take the bus or drive. We encourage participants that are attending in groups to carpool. Participants that choose to drive will be required to pay a parking fee of $25.00/vehicle, upon arrival and will have the option to select their boat shuttle time. Participants that drive MUST arrive 30 minutes prior to their boat shuttle time.
There is an $80.00 bus fee for those that choose to take the bus. The fee covers transportation to and from camp (there is no one way option available). There are 2 locations to choose from:
- Sudbury YMCA (Located at 140 Durham Street): The bus will depart the Sudbury YMCA at 4:00pm on June 12th. Participants are asked to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to departure. The bus will return back to the Sudbury YMCA for approximately 4:00pm on June 14th.
- Espanola HWY 17/6 (Tim Horton’s/Wendy’s): After leaving the Sudbuy YMCA, the bus will arrive to the Espanola stop at approximately 4:45pm. At the end of camp the bus will depart the docks at 2:00pm arriving back at the Tim Horton’s/Wendy’s at approximately 2:45pm.
Boat Shuttle Times:
Participants that arrive by car will be asked to select from the following boat shuttle times (time slot spaces are limited):
- Boat Shuttle Time: 4:30pm (Arrival at 4:00pm)
- Boat Shuttle Time: 5:00pm (Arrival at 4:30pm)
- Boat Shuttle Time: 5:30pm (Arrival at 5:00pm)
- Boat Shuttle Time: 6:30pm (Arrival at 6:00pm)
- Boat Shuttle Time: 7:00pm (Arrival at 6:30pm)
All cancellations have a cancellation fee. Cancellations that occur prior to August 1, 2020 will be refunded, less the cancellation fee of $75.00. Cancellations after August 1, 2020 but before August 15, 2020 will be refunded less the deposit amount of $150.00. Any cancellations after August 15, 2020 will not be refunded unless the program is full and that space can be filled from a waiting list, or a medical letter is submitted.