John Island Camp
Everyone should have the opportunity
to make endless summer camp memories.
Women’s Wellness Weekend
Completed Registrations can be submitted one of the following ways:
Use link to register online
YMCA Camping Services Office
140 Durham Street, Sudbury ON P3E 3M7
Women from all over Sudbury and beyond will be getting together to take part in a relaxing, self-indulgent, fun-filled weekend in the most magnificent location in the North Channel of Lake Huron.
The Women’s Wellness Weekend offers a variety of high quality programs. Outdoor activities include our challenging high and low ropes courses, canoeing, kayaking and hiking. Also available are several workshops and sessions on topics such as creativity, fitness and special interests. As well, the ever- popular massage therapists and aestheticians are on site to provide their services to our participants. On Saturday night a special guest entertainer is featured for all to enjoy. But best of all, healthy, delicious meals are prepared by our camp which means that participants can turn their full attention to trying new things, meeting new people and relaxing in the beautiful natural surroundings.
Our program booklet is a great resource for program descriptions and an overview of the weekend. Our 2019 booklet will not be available till the spring, however our 2018 booklet is a great resource for an idea of program schedules/services offered during the weekend. Please note: offered programs and services are subject to change for 2019.
New this year, participants will have the option to take the bus or drive. We encourage participants that are attending in groups to carpool. Participants that choose to drive will be required to pay a parking fee of $25.00/vehicle, upon arrival and will have the option to select their boat shuttle time. Participants that drive MUST arrive 30 minutes prior to their boat shuttle time.
There is an $80.00 bus fee for those that choose to take the bus. The fee covers transporation to and from camp (there is no one way option available). There are 2 locations to choose from:
- Sudbury YMCA (Located at 140 Durham Street): The bus will depart the Sudbury YMCA at 4:00pm on June 9th. Participants are asked to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to departure. The bus will return back to the Sudbury YMCA for approximately 4:00pm on June 11th.
- Espanola HWY 17/6 (Tim Horton’s/Wendy’s): After leaving the Sudbuy YMCA, the bus will arrive to the Espanola stop at approximately 4:45pm. At the end of camp the bus will depart the docks at 2:00pm arriving back at the Tim Horton’s/Wendy’s at approximately 2:45pm.
Boat Shuttle Times:
Participants that arrive by car will be asked to select from the following boat shuttle times (time slot spaces are limited):
- Boat Shuttle Time: 4:30pm (Arrival at 4:00pm)
- Boat Shuttle Time: 5:00pm (Arrival at 4:30pm)
- Boat Shuttle Time: 5:30pm (Arrival at 5:00pm)
- Boat Shuttle Time: 6:30pm (Arrival at 6:00pm)
- Boat Shuttle Time: 7:00pm (Arrival at 6:30pm)
All cancellations have a cancellation fee. Cancellations that occur prior to May 1, 2019 will be refunded, less the cancellation fee of $75.00. Cancellations after May 1, 2019 but before May 15, 2019 will be refunded less the deposit amount of $150.00. Any cancellations after May 15, 2019 will not be refunded unless the program is full and that space can be filled from a waiting list, or a medical letter is submitted.